Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hungry Caterpillar 'Unabridged'

I made many cakes this weekend and they were all for little boys from their doting mothers ; )

A good friend's son was celebrating his 3rd birthday and he got all his favourite characters in a day. On Friday morning, I delivered the Hungry Caterpillar from Eric Carle for the birthday celebration at his preschool. Some time last year, I had actually made the cupcakes of the same theme for my son but this time round, the insatiable critter was presented in it's complete glory - I made the caterpillar head with cupcakes for its body.

The Hungry Caterpillar head

Little fondant toothpicks 

All it took was a round cake covered in red fondant complete with little feelers. It was simple enough. But I couldn't really claim any design credit as I went online to look at the many many versions of the Hungry Caterpillar made by talented bakers around the world! 


Happy Birthday Ryuu



Ryuu went on to receive more cakes that day, made by yours truly. Read on...

No comments: